Sunday, April 26, 2009

freedom

Some thoughts for the day...

I inhabit a space where all are equal. Regardless of sex, gender, race, religion or other, the humans in my world all are given the opportunity to pursue their dreams. No one is incapacitaded by another. This space where I exist extends to those who I come around, or those that come around me. My love is unobstructed, ignorance is nonexistant. I can come or go at any time, because this space that I speak of is my own mind.

I've been quite challenged over the last couple weeks. Starting to work with kids has been by far one of the greatest challenges I've faced since graduating college. If anyone out there thought biking across the country looked difficult, try working with children!!

Anyways, here's a brief update, I'm working @ the Boys and Girls Club in Blaine, WA, teaching kids photography through a national B&G Club program called ImageMakers. Its been great to see the kids enthusiasm for the project, and I'm already blown away by how quick they can pick up a camera, memorize a couple of terms like "shutter speed" & "focal point", and go put the concepts into practice!

Don't take my word for it, see for yourself:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments: