Thursday, June 18, 2009

POTD June 17th- Jeune from Kimisagara

cross posted here:Photobucket

Jeune, from Kimisagara, wrote Ryan an email after stealing his contact info from a luggage ticket on his backpack.

His email stated:

" MY NAME IS JEUNE IN KIMISAGARA YOUR BODY IS VERY BAD...american is very bad becouse we caused a woll (war)

good buy"

My response:

"Mwaramutse Jeune,

I agree with you that the wars america has caused are aweful. i hate that part of being from my country. We often have abused most of the world for our own benefit. Thats why i try to travel outside of it as much as possible, to exchange with people and show that not all of us americans agree with what our government has done.

I do not agree with you that my body is very bad. i am in great shape, you should see my abdominal muscles!

I hope you are well tonight, I hope we can play soccer together tomorrow!
Ryan

He responded the next day saying:

"THANKS RYAN FOR YOUR MEANING... SEE YOU"

Now, the story with Jeune didn't stop there. Not only did he cease giving the finger to my fellow teammates, but took such a care for me that on our final day when i went up into the hills nearby to get some good shots, he noticed my dissappearance, and concerned for my safety rounded up asearch party to make sure I made it back to the fields.

Just goes to show, a little bit of love can sure go a long ways.

0 comments: